La Tomatina: The World's Biggest Food Fight
Once a year the tiny town of Buñol in Spain becomes the stage of a tomato bloodbath, as thousands of people and one hundred thousand metric tons of tomatoes combine for the messiest food fight ever!
With just one hour to throw as many squished tomatoes as you can, there’s no better (or more bizarre) way to let off steam, whilst some serious after partying in nearby Valencia guarantees the ultimate in fruity fun long in to the night…
According to La Tomatina's official website, here are the rules of the game:
1. Do not bring bottles or hard objects as they can cause accidents and hurt other participants.
2. Do not rip other people's T-shirts.
3. You must squash the tomatoes before throwing them as this reduces the impact.
4. Ensure you keep a safe distance from the lorries.
5. As soon as you hear the second shot, you must stop throwing tomatoes.
In case you're wondering what Spain's, and the world's, largest food festival is all about, here are the 10 interesting facts about La Tomatina you did not know.
Watch Tomatina Festival Spain 2015:
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK