After much hype, the Apple Watch will be available from April 24th. Here, we take a look at the 10 must-know facts about this smartwatch!
1. Apple Watch is available in three collections—Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch Edition.
The Apple Watch (made of stainless steel), the Apple Watch Sport (made of aluminium), and the Apple Watch Edition (made of 18-carat gold). It will come in two sizes (38 mm and 42 mm) and has a huge selection of different, easy-to-connect straps.
2. The screen is sapphire Crystal Glass and its has super-sensitive "Force Touch"
Apple Watch got the supremely tough and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass screen. And, the Retina display on Apple Watch features Force Touch, a technology that can differentiate between a tap and a press.
3. Smartwatch is Apple’s first completely new product category since the launch of iPad
The smartwatch are one of the riskiest ventures Apple has made in years, and they’re going to play a big role in either making smartwatches the new smartphones or sending them back to the warehouse.
4. The Apple Watch needs an iPhone to connect to the Internet.
For Apple Watch to connect to internet, it needs to be tethered to an iPhone. The Apple Watch will work with the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5S. It connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth.
5. On a full charge, the Apple Watch battery should last up to 18 hours.
Apple Watch needs to be continuously connected to an iPhone, which can drain the battery easily, and you'll probably need to charge it every night.
6. Digital Crown
The dial of the Apple Watch is called the 'digital crown'. You can turn the crown to zoom in and out or scroll a list on the touchscreen. The Watch turns on the display when you raise your wrist.
The Digital Crown also serves as the Home button and a way to access Siri.
7. Apple Watch is splash and water resistant but not waterproof
If you're worried about how your Apple Watch will fare during your workout, you can wear Apple Watch during exercise, in the rain, and while washing your hands, but submerging Apple Watch is not recommended.
8. It Can Be As Expensive As $17,000, And As Cheap As $349
They’re a push towards blending fashion and tech, with customizable bands, you can pay pretty much any price you want for a Watch, from the $349 aluminum model to the $17,000 rose gold or yellow gold versions with leather straps that cost more than some cars.
9. Apple Watch works with Apple Pay, replacing your plastic cards
The Watch works with Apple Pay and if you swipe it in front of a kiosk that is compatible, an automatic online payment can be made.
10. The Activity and Workout apps
The Activity and Fitness app for the new Apple Watch uses a variety of on board sensors to measure your movement and heart rate.
The Activity app shows three rings to represent your daily overall activity: one ring for "Move," one for "Exercise," and one for "Stand." The Workout app, on the other hand, shows real-time stats for calories burned, time, distance, and pace for your runs, jogs, and walks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE